Internet Download Manager (IDM) is an easy to use tool to increase download speeds by up to 500 percent, resume and schedule downloads. According to the opinions of IDM users Internet Download Manager is a perfect accelerator program to download your favorite software, games, cd, dvd and mp3 music, movies, shareware and freeware programs much faster!
Comprehensive error recovery and resume capability will also restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost connections, network problems, computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages. Simple graphic user interface makes IDM user friendly and easy to use.
Changes in idm 5.15 Build 6 :
When IDM is working, it shows its pyramid icon on the taskbar. IDM menu pops up when you right click on IDM icon. You can exit IDM by picking "exit" in this menu.
Some IDM functions are available in the registered version only, Dont worry I share the Patch and Keygen. Just Copy the Pacth to IDM instalation directory and Run it. (You must exit from IDM before Patching). Then use the keygen for fully registration.
To download Patch and Keygen for Internet Download Manager v5.xx, available for trial, update an retail. See this page
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Most people are aware that there are continuous security issues with Microsoft’s Windows operating system and other programs. However, what most people do not realize is how easy it is to significantly improve your computer’s security and reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim to ever increasingly sophisticated threats that lurk on the internet. These steps should take less than a couple of hours to complete and should not clean out your wallet.
- Windows Update – the first crucial step you need to take to make sure that all your Microsoft applications have all the latest product updates installed. These updates or “patches” address security vulnerabilities and other issues. Microsoft usually issues these updates on a monthly cycle. Visit the Microsoft website or switch on automatic updates from the Windows Control panel. Even if your “new” computer is second hand this is still a critical first step. If you buy a used computer with Windows XP make sure Service Pack 2 or SP2 is installed.
- Strong Passwords - people often overlook this but having well thought through passwords is an important element of your computer security. A strong password should include at least 8 characters with a mixture of text, symbols and numbers. As a minimum you need to make sure the services most at risk have a strong log-in password. These services include your bank, credit card, other financial services like PayPal, your email address and any other services like Ebay which hackers can use to generate profit.
- Anti Virus Protection – while it is fair to say the threat of the computer virus has receded during the last couple of years they can still inflict serious damage on your computer. Part of the reason why the threat has reduced is because PC manufactures are now more frequently bundling anti virus packages with their new computers. For example last year my new Dell shipped with a 90-day trial of McAfee’s Internet Security Suite. The best bet here is to purchase a security package which includes firewall and anti virus software as a minimum. Top brands include McAfee and Symantec Norton products. However, Microsoft has recently entered the market with their “OneCare” offering which is very aggressively priced.
- Firewall - if you are using a broadband connection then a firewall is definite requirement to manage the traffic flowing between your computer and the internet. A firewall monitors the inbound internet traffic passing through the ports of your computer. Better products also monitor outbound traffic from your computer to the internet. As per above the best bet here is buy a firewall application as part of a security package which most vendors offer as standard. If a hardware firewall is included as part of your router package then you do not need anything else. A company called Zone Labs offer a great free firewall product called Zone Alarm which should be used as a minimum. Windows XP does now ship with a free firewall but the product does not monitor outbound communication and therefore I believe does not offer adequate protection.
- Anti Spyware Tool - this software is the last piece in your basic internet security set up. This tool helps combat spyware and adware. There is a good mixture of free and paid versions on offer. Good free software include Microsoft’s Windows Defender, Spybot S&D or Ewido Anti-Malware. Ewido Anti-Malware is frequently recommended in computer help forums. Be careful if you decide to purchase a solution. There are a number of rogue vendors out there which aggressively push products which offer you little value. Stick to trusted names like Webroot’s Spy Sweeper or PC Tool’s Spyware Doctor. These products always come out well on independent tests.
Posted by Akmal at 10:58 AM
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Your Uninstaller! is the industry's leading uninstaller software. It's the world's 1st smart Drag&Uninstall? uninstaller software under the Windows platform, it's "Windows XP Optimized" and also works on other Windows versions including Windows Vista/XP/2000/ME/98/95/2003. It's as easy as using the recycle bin. Imagine! Just a drag-drop and the program you don't want will disappear from your computer-- as well as everything the unwanted program brings! Your Uninstaller! is a user-friendly way of removing unneeded applications on your computer. It can even remove some annoying spyware!
Your Uninstaller! adapts automatically to most versions of the Windows operating systems. Windows Vista/XP/2000/98 are supported.
Minimum system configuration
· Microsoft Windows 95
· 800x600 screen resolution with 256 colors
· 30 MB free disk space
· 133 MHz Intel Pentium or AMD K5 processor
· 64 MB RAM
Recommended system configuration
· Microsoft Windows XP/Vista
· 1024x768 screen resolution with 16.7 million colors
· 50 MB free disk space
· Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon series processor
· 128 MB RAM
· CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
· Internet access
How does it work?
Perhaps you are wondering how Your Uninstaller! completely removes applications so quickly. As you know, there are many installers in the world, such as Install Shield, Wise Installer, Microsoft Installer and many others. Most applications are built using these installers. Each installer has a unique install database format, which makes it difficult to find all the changes programs' make to your computer. That's why other uninstallers can only uninstall part of an application - leaving some files and registry keys. To solve this problem, Your Uninstaller! uses it's unique technique: SmartUninstall™ . SmartUninstall™ has a database containing information about all installers on the market, so when it uninstalls a program, it automatically detects which installer the application used, then it simply uninstalls the application properly. That's the reason Your Uninstaller! can detect and completely remove all the programs and icons on your computer.
Sounds complex? It's not! All the steps used by Your Uninstaller! are done with simple clicks. You won't even notice the analysis process.
Your Uninstaller! completely takes the place of Windows Add/Remove program, while offering you many more features. Your Uninstaller can list "hidden" programs that you can't view using the Windows Add/Remove program. The standard Add/Remove program often can't uninstall applications completely - leaving broken registry keys and unused files on the hard disk. Your Uninstaller! scans deeply into your computer and remove every trace of the program. Big registries and large numbers of unnecessary files make systems slow. Your Uninstaller! clears broken keys and files in seconds using SmartUninstall™ !
Fast and User-Friendly
Your Uninstaller! starts much faster than Windows Add/Remove program, sometimes more than 10 times. It also appropriately loads all applications with correct icons, so you can easily find the programs you wish to uninstall. With the powerful search feature, it has never been so easy to find the program that should be uninstalled.
Easy to use
Your Uninstaller! automatically detects broken registry keys from you Add/Remove list, and clears them entirely with your permission. Your Uninstaller! can also detect unused files left by previous uninstalls - it will prompt you before it completely the deletes these files. Even a single drag-drop performs an uninstall process! All Your Uninstaller! processes come with step-by-step instructions and can be performed with a few simple clicks or drag-drops.
Find the spies..
Your Uninstaller! also contains several useful utilities such as an internal Startup Organizer that safely removes or hides unwanted auto-run applications. This program is very useful for finding spy programs. The Startup Organizer can also search all possible startup locations; it then lists these applications and their details for you. A temporary files remover is also included.
Remember to use Your Uninstaller! weekly to Make your PC Fast and Clean!
TuneUp Utilities is made up of many useful modules that can all be accessed from the main program. The main program is divided into six categories to make finding individual modules easier.
The modules of the currently selected category are displayed by name on the right side of the window. You can start a module simply by clicking on its name. You can also click the links below a module name to navigate directly to the desired feature within the module. After you have finished working with a module, simply click the red X in the top right corner of the window to close the module and return to the main window.
* Microsoft Windows Vista, XP SP2 (both 32- and 64-bit versions)
* Processor with at least 300 MHz
* Screen resolution of at least 800x600 pixels
* 256 MB RAM
* Internet Explorer 6 or higher
* 80 MB free disk space (CD version 300 MB)
Windows Vista and its predecessors are installed on most of the computers in use around the world. Windows is, after all, a great system for performing standard tasks, using applications and managing files. But if a user wants to adjust, optimize or trim down the system, it stops being quite so easy. Many desirable functions are not even possible with the on-board Windows tools.
Just about anything can be adjusted in Windows. Windows decides which applications will start automatically with your system. Windows determines which commands are visible in the Start menu. Windows also determines how icons on the desktop appear. The only question is: How can the user change these options?
Nearly everything can be changed - if you know where and how.
Ask the expert. All important settings are hidden in the Windows boot files and theregistry. The registry is the central database for Windows, in which settings for all applications and hardware modules are stored. Using the right tools, you can open this special database and change its settings. The problem is that only experienced users know how to change the right settings among the cryptic entries in the registry. Most users don't understand a word of the information contained in an open registry file. Even if you know the registry entries inside and out, a small typo in the registry can still lead to serious consequences and even complete system failure.
TuneUp Utilities 2009 - your personal Windows expert
That's where TuneUp Utilities 2009 comes in. The software helps both beginners and experts to make Windows meet their needs in a way that is better, easier and safer. All important system options are explained in an easy way and can be turned on or off at the click of your mouse.
TuneUp Utilities 2009 will then make the necessary changes in the registry or boot files automatically. We place a high value on system stability, so that Windows won't stop working reliably. And most changes that you make can be undone in TuneUp Rescue Center - easily and safely.
The program also gives you many more options. In addition to helping you make Windows "better looking", you can also clean up and optimize your system at the click of a mouse. TuneUp Utilities 2009 will clean up unnecessary data from your hard disk and remove unnecessary entries from your registry. It can defragment your hard disk and registry and optimize your system settings to make Windows run substantially faster. Much of this maintenance is performed automatically for you every week by 1-Click Maintenance.
Automatic adaptation to your operating system
When making these changes, TuneUp Utilities 2009 reaches deep into the Windows system. However, Windows has changed a great deal from version to version. Because of this, the software automatically recognizes and adapts to each supported version of Windows. This is done automatically so that you, the user, won't have to re-learn the software for each operating system version.
What's New in TuneUp Utilities 2009
TuneUp Utilities 2009 has many great new features and enhancements compared to the previous version. Once again, our goal for the update was to implement the requests of our users in a simple and easy way. The most important changes are listed below.
The new Start page
TuneUp Utilities 2009 welcomes you with a completely redesigned Start page, which tells you about the status of your computer. If problems or nonoptimal settings are found, you are only a mouse-click away from resolving them. The Start page also tells you when new tips for increasing computer performance are available and warns you if maintenance tasks are not being taken care of automatically. The Start page also shows you whether new automatic startup programs have been added to Windows since the last time you ran TuneUp Utilities. You can decide whether these programs that start up automatically are really necessary.
TuneUp Speed Optimizer
Which settings slow your computer down? Which unnecessary services or programs are running in the background? Is your Internet connection optimally configured? TuneUp Speed Optimizer knows the answers to all these questions. It examines your entire system for bottlenecks, superfluous background programs, and incorrect settings. Great: with just one click you can carry out most optimizations very quickly. In addition, TuneUp Speed Optimizer provides suggestions for speeding up your system.
TuneUp Shortcut Cleaner
Cleaning up your working environment is tedious: removing invalid shortcuts from the Start menu, the Desktop, and the Quick Launch bar is very time-consuming. TuneUp ShortCut Cleaner now does the work for you. It checks whether all shortcuts are valid and removes the orphaned ones with just a click of a button. At the same time, empty folders are removed from the Start menu. TuneUp ShortCut Cleaner also checks frequently used programs and cleans up the list of recently opened files.
Support for the Opera browser
After hard disk defragmentation, which we introduced in TuneUp Utilities 2008, the feature most requested by customers was support for the Opera browser. TuneUp Utilities 2009 now also includes full support for Opera. Via several special Opera settings, TuneUp System Control now allows you to change the number of Speed Dial entries, conveniently choose your default search engine, and reenable fast backward and forward navigation. Internet optimization lets you optimize Opera's performance for your Internet connection. Free up disk space lets you delete the Opera cache.
Now you can also change the Vista logo animation which appears just before logon. You can download a whole series of great animations from the TuneUp website. Or, if you prefer, you can choose your own personal image to display while Vista starts up. With Vista, you can also add your own images to Vista's logon screen: With just a few mouse clicks you can create a truly personal logon experience.
TuneUp Uninstall Manager
Redesigned from the ground up, TuneUp Install Manager now runs much faster and has a new, even more intuitive interface so that it is even easier to uninstall unnecessary programs. Unnecessary programs often are forgotten because they were installed a long time ago and then not used. TuneUp Utilities 2009 shows you a list of programs not used for a long time so that you can target for uninstallation those applications that use valuable disk space and in certain circumstances even slow your system down.
TuneUp StartUp Manager
A smooth-running system results when there are no unnecessary autostart applications. The improved TuneUp Startup Manager organizes your programs into groups and provides clear explanations to make it easier for you to identify those programs that are not needed.New automatic startup programs are now highlighted so that you can disable unwanted entries more easily. System start tasks are now also listed in TuneUp StartUp Manager In Vista, in particular, scheduled tasks are used in place of autostart entries.
Free up disk space
The already rapid display of disk space to be freed up is now even faster on NTFS drives. And now it is so easy to delete even more unnecessary files, like the backup files for the first Windows Vista service pack and the Opera and Safari caches. The second "Free up disk space" module that helps you turn off Windows functions that use excessive disk space has also been enhanced. The Windows Search index can now be disabled and deleted with a single click. This makes particular sense if you are already using a different search engine. In addition, TuneUp Disk Space Explorer now runs faster and no longer requires that an entire drive be analyzed. You can now specify that only those folders be analyzed that you are really interested in.
Lots more improvements
Along with the totally new features, there are a series of improvements that are not immediately visible. There are small improvements like Tooltips in the main window, a substantial increase in the number of problems that can be found byTuneUp Registry Cleaner, and better progress feedback from TuneUp Drive Defrag. But there are also big improvements "under the hood".